Well, the plan to work on the plane on the way ended up… ok. I ran into some more config problems – this time with MySQL, that I thought would be much easier resolved with internet access though so I didn’t get too far.
Now that I’m back home though: still haven’t found a great resolution.
I’ve found a couple of places that indicate that I could just grant for that user to resolve the issue, but when I try that – I’m getting:
Anyway, after struggling and searching quite a bit I just decided to circumvent the error and just run the statement manually in MySql.
That seems to have worked ok… of course, I’m sure that at some point in the future I’m going to be running into this same issue. Even just having to retype that statement would be annoying, so hopefully I didn’t make any spelling mistakes.
Rob has also pointed out a little bit easier way for me to find some middle ground… this at least doesn’t make me potentially need to retype that statement:
It certainly has been a longer trip getting to this point than I thought, but I do seem to be on track now. I do have a working application connected to the database properly. And really… even with the configuration headaches, I don't know how much longer it took than had I done the same things in Java… had I not run into any config problems: it would have been ridiculously faster.